Soap socks make great gifts that work up fast! The wool felts as you use it, making it a great natural exfoliant. It shrinks with the soap. This is a very customizable project. All you need to do is knit or crochet wide enough to snugly wrap around the soap, then close it off. My version is crochet, but I will add a knit variation as well for those who prefer to knit. This also makes a great beginner project.
- 100% wool yarn
- bar of soap (i used Zest cocoa butter. It smells amazing and everyone commented on it)
- crochet hook or knitting needles to match yarn thickness.
- yarn needle
- Ch 18
- loop around the soap to make sure it fits.
- Dc around. 7 rows (or height you need for your soap)
- turn inside out. sl st around the outside the outside. do 2 out of 3 sides.
- turn right side out and slip bar in. sl st last row.
*Gauge and hook aren’t too important. Just make sure it fits well over the soap. It will felt with use. If you want a reusable one, use cotton yarn.
Adjust number of stitches to fit your yarn and soap sizes.
- co 26 st (or amount needed to fit around your soap
- work stockinette to proper height.
- use a crochet hook to close like in pattern above. if you don’t know how to crochet, you can sew closed with yarn needle.