This is my first jewelry tutorial, so bear with me. Jewelry making is my new passion, and I consider myself a jack of all trades, master of none (hah)! I’ve been self-teaching and I started making some custom jewelry for a few craft fairs I’m going to do with my mother, so I thought I’d share some of what I’ve come up with. I hope you like!
Leafy Green Earrings
- 2 Leaf beads (I got mine at Michael’s. The brand is Bead Gallery)
- 2 Silver earring hooks
- 4 6mm Clear Swarovski crystals (I only have 2 in the pic – oops!)
- 4 Headpins
- 4 Jump rings
- Needle nose pliers
Step 1: Attach a jump ring to each of the leaf beads.
Step 2: Attach a second jump ring to the first (or you could do 2 chain links). I added the second one to make the leaf face forward when the earrings are worn. So if this isn’t a problem with your bead, you can skip this step. Attach the jump ring to the ear wire.
Step 3: Add the Swarovski crystals to the head pins.
Step 4: Use the chain nose pliers to bend the head pins and create a loop at the top.
Step 5: Attach one Swarovski crystal on either side of the leaf. I ended up adding mine on the loop formed by the earring wire, because I didn’t want them dangling too low and blocking the pretty leaves, but that’s just my preference.
Latest posts by Angie Mirasola (see all)
- How I Get The Kids Ready For School, Fast! - July 27, 2015
- I Just Got A Pool Fitted In My Garden: Here’s Why You Should Too! - July 27, 2015
- Decor Changes to Cover Each Season of the Year - July 23, 2015