Want to know how to cook a soft taco? Soft tacos are just as delicious as hard tacos, and can even be eaten as a small burrito if you prefer. You can use them for a quick lunch by making a burrito and freezing it until you are ready to nuke it up at work! I make bean and cheese burritos all the time. I personally love Mexican food, even if I do have an extremely low threshold for spice!
To cook soft tacos, you will need:
* Hamburger (Lean)
* Taco Seasoning
* Cheese (Part Skim)
* Sour Cream (Light)
* Taco Sauce
* Refried Beans (Vegetarian/Low Fat)
* Black olives
* Corn or Flour Tortillas
* Any other veggies or additives you like on your tacos
1. Brown your hamburger on the stove. Drain the hamburger of grease and return it to the pan.
2. Add a packet of taco seasoning to 1 cup of water, unless the directions on the packet specify otherwise. Mix the seasoning in the water until it dissolves and there are no lumps.
3. Add the taco seasoning to the browned hamburger. Heat the hamburger to boiling and then simmer the hamburger and taco seasoning until the water dissolves. This generally takes 10 to 15 minutes, depending on your stove and how much water you required.
4. Chop some vegetables while the meat simmers. Many people choose lettuce, olives, onions or peppers.
5. Heat a can of refried beans on the stove or in the microwave, if desired.
6. Shred some cheddar cheese, or open a package of shredded cheddar cheese.
7. Warm the soft tortillas in the microwave, covered with a damp towel for 10 to 20 seconds. You can also head them in the oven, if you prefer.
8. Serve your soft tacos and enjoy!