I was lucky enough to be given some beautifully colored feathers from a tutorial exchange with Abakhan, hosted by Totally Tutorials! Being that I am on a huge jewelry kick, I have decided to turn them into these feather shoulder duster earrings, which are wonderful Fall colors!
- 6 feathers (2 of each color)
- 6 end caps
- ear hooks
- strong glue (i used weldbond because it’s nontoxic)
- wire cutters (i only have one tool shown because it’s a 2-in-1)
Clip the tips of the feathers to the same length, but leave a little at the top to add the end cap to.
Dab glue to the end of the feather. You want enough for a sturdy hold, but not so much that it dries up and gets gooky and noticeable.
Place the end cap on each feather and let dry.
I had to let mine dry for 1+ hours before doing the next step.
Cut 2 pieces of chain that are the same length. I used green chain to accent the green feathers. Cut to desired length (I didn’t measure but I believe mine are about 2.5-3 inches long).
Attach ear wires to the top of each chain.
Attach 3 feathers at desired locations for each earring. I placed mine to the side so you could see where I placed them, but it’s really up to you!
PS – I party here!
Latest posts by Angie Mirasola (see all)
- Threads and Cords for Macramé and Laddering - July 31, 2015
- Finding Your Dream Home Can Be Easier Than You Imagined - July 31, 2015
- My Awesome Guide to Improving Your Home’s Visual Appeal - July 31, 2015