TruMoo is our favorite brand of chocolate milk. For Halloween, they have another flavor–Orange Scream. We have tried both now, and they are delicious. It’s a great way to get your kids to drink their dairy, as it contains 8 essential nutrients, is low in fat, doesn’t contain high fructose corn syrup OR artificial growth hormones.
In the spirit of Halloween, I made a “graveyard dirt” smoothie which features chocolate, peanut butter, crushed Oreos and gummy worms! You can dress it up even more with whipped cream, chocolate shavings or chocolate syrup.
Ingredients: (makes 2 servings)
- 1/4 cup TruMoo Chocolate Milk
- 2 cups Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 tbsp. Creamy peanut butter
- 5 Oreos with the middle cream removed or desired amount of “dirt”
- Gummy worms
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Chocolate syrup (optional)
- Add milk, ice cream, and peanut butter to blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour milkshake evenly into two large cups, leaving room at the top for the graveyard dirt.
- Remove middles from Oreo cookies and crumble them to create a “dirt” texture. I placed mine in a baggie and smashed them until they were crumbled.
- Pour as a top layer over the milk shake.
- Decorate with gummy worms by adding them to the dirt. This is a fun step for kids to play with.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
- Layer with shaved chocolate or chocolate syrup.